This Privacy Notice relates to personal data held by The Energy4All on behalf of Highland Community Energy Society of Unit 26 Trinity Enterprise Centre, Furness Business Park, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 2PN.
We hold and process data from named individuals who have invested in our projects for some or all of the following purposes:
1. To record that you are an investor in one or more of our projects, as a legal record for Companies House and HMRC and in order to be able to offer you the rights of a shareholder or lender
2. To enable us to communicate with you by email, post or telephone regarding Annual General Meetings and other meetings at which you have the right to vote, and to enable us to verify your right to vote
3. To enable us to send you any dividend or interest payments to which you are entitled
4. To enable us to inform you of other operational affairs of the project in which you have invested
The above are all operational requirements which are essential for us to legally trade as a company or society in which you have invested. If you cease to be an investor e.g. by transferring or withdrawing your investment, where this option exists, you will no longer be contacted by us but your details will be retained by us for 6 years in order to comply with HMRC requirements.
The information which we hold consists of name, full contact information, date of birth (this is necessary for taxation and legal rights purposes), number of shares held in projects, and bank account details for the payment of dividends and interest.
Your data is held in the following systems:
1. A secure online database accessible only by our members, our staff, and our authorised subcontractors. All online communication with this database is password protected and encrypted
2. An offline database located in our office in a password protected network accessed only by our staff or authorised IT support providers
3. Some of your data may be downloaded and stored on paper at our office while we carry out analysis of data. Paper based data is securely shredded at the end of any analysis work
Your contact data, but not financial data, may be transferred securely to subcontracted UK based data processors for purposes such as mailshots. Such data will be destroyed by the processor at the end of their delivery.
Your financial data may be transferred to UK based financial institutions such as banks for making payments. Such data will always be provided online via a secure banking portal.
Marketing contact data
We also make use of a contact list for marketing purposes so that we can provide information about future projects. Contact is normally made by email. You will only be on this list if you have given consent to being sent information about future projects.
You can withdraw your consent to be sent marketing information at any time. If you are investor in any of our projects and withdraw your marketing consent, you will continue to be sent only communications which relate directly to the operation of the project(s) in which you invested.
You may request a copy of your data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an investor in one of our projects you can view and update your contact data in the Members area of the project website.
You can unsubscribe from our email marketing list at any time with immediate effect by clicking the unsubscribe link shown at the end of all of our marketing emails.
Alternatively, you can request to have your data deleted from our database by contacting email@example.com in which case you will be removed from our marketing list within one month of requesting removal.
General contact data
If you have contacted us with a general enquiry via the website, we will reply to you using the contact details provided. We assume that you have given your consent to be contacted with a reply, but we will not add you to our marketing list unless you have specifically, additionally signed up to the marketing list. Your contact information will be stored for a period of up to one year in case any follow up is required.